Friday 21 March 2014

Freeism/Freeists

I always find it so hard to define the art that I do. It fits no confines or styles, it is anything and predominately created in a fluxus type process. Automotism perhaps more apt. I am by no means a planner nor organised. I often find it hard to discuss processes or write artists statements and the bane of my life these last few weeks has been just that. Who cares who I am or how I got there, like it or don't like it.
So today I settled on an idea to save the fuss. I am going to use an already coined term, it is for an intellectual religion based thing, which is fine.
So this new term is freeism,. I am a freeist, considering all the work I am to do in the next 12 months has to be free and repurposed materials, it fits. Coined elsewhere or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment